Al Yankovic is the G.O.A.T. Not just A goat. *THE* GOAT.
Fave Parody: "White and Nerdy". He's got great flow.
Fave Non-Parody: A toss-up between "One More Minute" and "You Don't Love Me Anymore". (Though "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" is just epic.)
Aw, man, I'm gonna have to weigh in on #MyFaveAl but I don't want to give obvious answers that everyone else has given. Okay, I'll say...
1. "Chicken Pot Pie"
2. "Trigger Happy"
But I could have said "It's Still Billy Joel To Me" and "Pancreas," too.
1) "Yoda" or "Smells Like Nirvana"
2) "Nature Trail to Hell" - So goddamn funny, not only for its intensity, but because half the joke is that the song just never, ever ends and keeps ramping up to impossible heights.
I also love, when you talk to actual musicians and comedians, they never disrespect Al. I love that he has the admiration of the music AND comedy worlds. #MyFaveAl
1. It's All About the Pentiums ("Just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller" is one of the greatest lyrics of all time)
2. One More Minute (I used a line from the song as my senior quote in the yearbook and got yelled at for it. I stand by it.)
For parody, nothing beats the eBay song. Nothing. That is the single greatest achievement of anyone in the world.
For non-parody... Skipper Dan. Brings all those memories of crying on the Jungle Cruise back. Only I cry with laughter not boredom.
Something I have STRONG opinions on!
1) Parody: White & Nerdy
2) Non-parody: Hardware Store
Is favorite Polka next???
Might as well share this again: I bought a ticket to his Ridiculously Self-Indulgent, Ill-Advised Vanity Tour almost a year in advance... and put it in the wrong date in my calendar! As I was about to head out to see him, I realized I was a week late. I was heartbroken.
#MyFaveAl, it's so hard to choose!
Parody : The Saga Begins
Honourable mention: The entire Dare to be Stupid album. My dad bought the tape at one of his earliest gigs! https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1149362162143387648
#MyFaveAl from the immortal Weird @alyankovic ...
Parody: Tied between "All About The Pentiums" and "White & Nerdy"
Non-parody: "That Boy Can Dance"
#MyFaveAl is definitely white and nerdy for parody (i still remember watching the music video for the first time the last day of 9th grade), and my favorite non-parodies are virus alert and nature trail to hell
fave parody is probably Yoda, fave non-parody is probably Waffle King #MyFaveAl https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1149362162143387648
Wanna know what #MyFaveAl song is?
The Weird Al song where it sounds like Elmer Fudd singing "I'm too sexy"! 😂
I’m gonna do it a bit different. Honorable mentions in the comments.
Parody Of A Specific Song: I Losf On Jeopardy
Parody Of A Style: Genius In France (with Dweezil Zappa)
Polka Medley: Polka On 45
1. Parody - “Party in the CIA” - I love when the music is most at odds with the subject.
2. Non-parody - “One More Minute” - because “I’m stranded all alone in the gas station of love and I have to use the self service pump” is one of the best dirty jokes I’ve heard.
parody "(I Lost On) Jeopardy"
Non-parody "One More Minute"
Polka medley : "Polka Your Eyes Out" https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1149362162143387648
All About the Pentiums, which I loved when it released, but has only gotten more hilarious with age. And Albuquerque, for sure.
Sometimes I'll laugh out of nowhere and be unable to explain that I suddenly thought of #MyFaveAl parody: Smells Like Nirvana